SubjectRE: be2net failed to initialize regression
Date

Gavin, the SEMAPHORE register is read/polled-on only in be_eeh_reset(), which
is called only after the adapter is reset. Why will this read incur an additional EEH error?

> be2net: use CSR-BAR SEMAPHORE reg for BE2/BE3
>
> I'm thinking that we would still check POST status through PCI-CFG register and
> then ensure CSR-BAR on the problematic adapter is ready while resuming the
> adapter. That's just like what the patches I send do :-)

On BE2/BE3 chips, the PCI-CFG register cannot be relied on. As I mentioned in my
previous mails, it returns the wrong FW ready state.

  Last update: 2013-03-11 12:42    [W:0.050 / U:0.084 seconds]