SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] 3.9-rc1-nohz1
From
2013/3/9 Ingo Molnar <mingo@kernel.org>:
> We could certainly start tip:sched/dynticks (or tip:timers/dynticks) to accelerate
> the upstream merging of it. Nobody expressed deep concerns with the approach, so
> what is left is some more hard work.

Great to see you're ok with that direction! I'm working on that then.

> Two quick requests:
>
> - Mind adding a Documentation/... file with a high level description,
> rough design, open problems, etc.?

Sure! We'll maintain that along the way.

> - Please outline how the current TODO entries affect upstream
> mergability. Does it reduce the 'full'-ness of this dynticks mode?
> Outright buggy behavior? Other trade-offs?

Mostly this is about upstream features that won't be working with the
current state of the art: enqueuing a posix cpu timer on a nohz CPU
may result in it being ignored by the target due to the lack of
ticking until expiration, perf events may not be round-robined, etc...
I'll make sure to document all these items.

Thanks.

  Last update: 2013-03-11 01:41    [W:0.072 / U:0.104 seconds]