SubjectRe: kvmtool tree (Was: Re: [patch] config: fix make kvmconfig)
On 02/06/2013 01:46 PM, Ingo Molnar wrote:

>> Linus has said that he will not take the kvmtool tree in its
>> current form, but would prefer that it be a separate project,
>> so I should really drop it from linux-next (and ask the tip
>> guys to remove it from their auto-latest branch).
>>
>> I have actually been meaning to get back to this, so, today I
>> will drop the kvmtool tree and, Ingo, if you could (at your
>> convenience i.e. when you are next rebasing it) remove it from
>> tip/auto-latest, thanks.
>
> Pekka still intends to send it in the next merge window AFAIK,
> and I use it for testing rather frequently so I'm not going to
> remove it from my tree for the time being.
>
> Note that I never actually had any maintenance problems due to
> it: it's orthogonal, and as long as you don't use it explicitly
> (such as its 'make kvmconfig' feature - which is rather handy)
> it never actually broke anything.

So why don't we let Linus either accept and reject it for the 3.9 merge,
but it rejected, we drop it from linux-next until such time as Linus'
objections have been addressed?

-hpa

  Last update: 2013-02-07 07:21    [W:0.123 / U:0.344 seconds]