SubjectRe: driver core patches
On Tue, 5 Nov 2013 18:12:47 -0800
"gregkh@linuxfoundation.org" <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 10:53:36PM +0000, Stuart Yoder wrote:
> > Hi Greg,
> >
> > Any feedback on the driver core patches in Kim Phillips patch series
> > from mid-October?
> >
> > The 3rd patch of the series has some open issues related to vfio-pci,
> > but the first two are driver core related and am wondering if they
> > are acceptable.
>
> As I saw there was lots of discussion, and some rework needed, I haven't
> paid any attention to them, expecting to see another set show up.

the first two patches didn't receive any feedback, whilst the 3rd broke
vfio-pci userspace i/f compatibility, so I'm going to assume that 1 and
2 are acceptable and work to enable rebinding platform devices, and
that vfio-pci can transition over later.

> Also, it's way past the merge window, and I can't do anything with any
> new patches until after 3.13-rc1 is out, combined with a
> travel-schedule-from-hell, and I really am not going to want to review
> these types of patches for a number of weeks.
>
> So take the time, fix them up, and send them after 3.13-rc2 is out or so
> and I should have a chance to look at them then. Hopefully I'll hate
> them less by then, but I'm not guaranteeing anything...

ok, 3.13-rc2 is out, so I'm going to repost 1 & 2 now.

fwiw, I'm omitting the fourth patch to reduce confusion because it
depends on Antonios Motakis' vfio-platform WIP patchseries.

Kim

  Last update: 2013-12-03 14:41    [W:0.702 / U:0.216 seconds]