SubjectRe: IPIP6 Linux Kernel Implementation
On 2013-11-07 09:54, Pietro Paolini wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am writing you regarding the implementation of the IPIP6 tunnel
> contained in the Linux Kernel which I am trying to configure in order
> to obtain a DS-Lite (IPIP6) compliant tunnel on a router running a
> linux OS kernel version 2.6.33.
>
> This my network topology :
>
> lan --> tun1 --> eth0
>
> where the MTU of all links is 1500.
This is probably the cause of the problem, when tunneling without
fragmentation you need to reduce the MTU of the link encapsulated within
the tunnel so that the size of the IP header plus the tunneled packet is
less than or equal to the MTU of the encapsulating link. For an IPIP6
tunnel over a link with an MTU of 1500, the absolute maximum MTU of the
tunnel itself should be 1440. If you use iproute2 or a similar program
to set the tunnel MTU to 1440 things should work.