SubjectRe: [RFC 9/9] of/irq: create interrupts-extended property
From
On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Grant Likely <grant.likely@linaro.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 17:04:52 +1000, Peter Crosthwaite <peter.crosthwaite@xilinx.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > It could, but then you need some way of attaching a driver to that node,
>> > and that would require building knowledge into the driver again.
>> >
>> > Can you boil it down to a couple of concrete examples? What is a
>> > specific example of how the platform should decide which interrupt line
>> > to use?
>> >

>> So i've spent some time playing with this. I now have a booting kernel
>> with multiple root interrupt controllers and peripheral devices
>> multiply-connected to both root controllers. But only one on of the
>> controllers is used by Linux (as linux being able to use multiple
>> intcs is a non-trivial problem). So the scheme I am using is to have
>> one of these root intc's marked as disabled via
>
> Multiple intc's should be a solved problem. What issue are you seeing?
> Or is this a microblaze specific problem?

It's multiple root (i.e. have no explicit parent) interrupt
controllers. And linux
doesnt respect status = "disabled" for interrupt controllers at all it seems.

I'll send the patches tmrw.

Regards,
Peter

  Last update: 2013-11-27 10:21    [W:0.114 / U:0.876 seconds]