SubjectRe: BUG: mm, numa: test segfaults, only when NUMA balancing is on
On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 12:09:24AM +0000, Mel Gorman wrote:

> > > Sorry for the delay; been a bit busy. I tested both of these patches on
> > > top of this one (separately, of course):
> > >
> > > http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-mm/msg63919.html
> > >
> > > I think that's the one you were referring to, if not send me a pointer
> > > to the correct one and I'll give it another shot. Both patches still
> > > segfaulted, so it doesn't appear that either of these solved the
> > > problem.
> >
> > I see. Does THP have to be enabled or does it segfault even with THP
> > disabled?

It occurs with both THP on, and off. I get RCU stalls with THP on
though. That's probably related to not having Kirill/Naoya's patches
applied though.

> On a semi-related note, is the large machine doing anything with xpmem
> or anything that depends on MMU notifiers to work properly? I noted
> while looking at this that THP migration is not invalidating pages which
> might be confusing a driver depending on it.

I'm not using xpmem on any of the machines that I've been testing on,
and I don't think that anything should be using MMU notifiers.

- Alex

  Last update: 2013-11-28 01:01    [W:0.115 / U:0.828 seconds]