SubjectOn EOMA-68 patent licensing...
Date
I read this: http://hardware.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=3102545&cid=41270883
"to explain: the patents are there to protect people from physical harm due to the possibility of idiotic companies creating non-interoperable products that could potentially short-circuit things e.g. a lithium battery. if the scope of this project was to sell only 50,000 units maximum, we would not bother with the patents. however, given that the volume of units is expected to reach several million per year, there is no way in hell that we can leave this to "self-policing"."
Makes me wonder what would happen if something similar was tried with EFI or ACPI?

Yuhong Bao --

  Last update: 2013-11-24 05:01    [W:0.052 / U:0.032 seconds]