    SubjectRe: Next Long Term Stable?
    On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 03:42:26PM -0800, Leann Ogasawara wrote:
    > Hi Greg,
    >
    > I realize it's likely too early to even be inquiring about the next
    > Longterm Stable kernel you'd be selecting to maintain, especially
    > since you've recently selected the v3.10 kernel. However, I thought
    > it wouldn't hurt to at least mention that Ubuntu will anticipate
    > shipping a v3.13 based kernel for the upcoming Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
    > release happening in April 2014. If it were possible, I know the
    > Ubuntu kernel engineers would be interested in aligning and
    > contributing to the next Long Term Stable Kernel you choose. At the
    > very least, I hope this information gives you at least one extra data
    > point for when you do select the next Longterm Stable kernel you plan
    > to maintain. Thanks again for all the stable support and maintenance.

    Thanks for letting us know, but given that I have stated numerous times
    that I can not maintain 3 longterm stable kernels at the same time, and
    if you look at the published supported schedule at:
    https://www.kernel.org/category/releases.html
    it's going to be impossible for me to choose 3.13 as a longterm kernel,
    sorry.

    But best of luck with your LTS kernel, and if you find patches that are
    applicable for 3.10, please feel free to send them to
    stable@vger.kernel.org so that we can pick them up for that release as
    well.

    thanks,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2013-11-21 18:41    [W:5.269 / U:0.012 seconds]