SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] direct IO support for loop driver
Hi all,

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 16:46:38 -0600 Dave Kleikamp <dave.kleikamp@oracle.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I'll work on something cleaner. The vital piece is some container
> that can either contain an iovec or or an array of kernel pages to be
> passed to the filesystems. The iov_iter structure was a reasonable
> choice, but the implementation is a bit sloppy. Kent wants to pass the
> bio structure itself, while this patchset used the biovec array. As long
> as I'm reworking the patchset, I'll see if I can accommodate his
> requirements.

So given this rework, I think I should drop the aio-direct tree from
linux-next for now. We can add it back (hopefully with a better name)
when the rewrite is in a reasonable state.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au

  Last update: 2013-11-21 05:41    [W:0.150 / U:0.128 seconds]