SubjectRe: [kconfig] update: results of some syntactical checks
On Sat, 2013-11-02 at 17:40 -0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Em Sat, 02 Nov 2013 20:20:54 +0100
> Paul Bolle <pebolle@tiscali.nl> escreveu:
> > Those are obvious typos. Still present in v3.12-rc7. Perhaps you'd like
> > to send the trivial patch to fix this?
>
> Yes, it is a typo...
>
> > > Probably, it was meant to say something like
>
> But this is not the right thing to do. The Kconfig logic here is that it
> should depends on !SMS_SDIO_DRV or SMS_USB_DRV = SMS_SDIO_DRV.

For the record: my reason for suggesting to Martin to send patches is
that sending a (trivial) patch often turns out to be a quick way to get
issues like that resolved. Maintainers seem to react quite quickly on
patches. Perhaps even faster if a patch is not solving the issue at hand
entirely correct! Messages like Martin's, that basically state that
there are one or more tree-wide problems, seem to be overlooked easily.

> I remember I made a patch like that while testing some things with this
> driver, but it seems that I forgot to push. I might have it somewhere on
> my test machine.

Paul Bolle

  Last update: 2013-11-02 21:21    [W:0.077 / U:0.112 seconds]