SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] clockevents/clocksource: 3.12 fixes
On 11/12/2013 11:57 PM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Nov 2013, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 03:01:29PM +0100, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Ingo and Thomas,
>>>
>>> this pull request has the following contain:
>>>
>>> * Laurent Pinchard fixed a missing a clk_put in case the
>>> registering of the sh_mtu[2] drivers fails.
>>>
>>> * Uwe Kleine-König reuse clockevents_config_and_register for the
>>> at91rm9200_time timer as it was depending on the patch (commit
>>> a4578ea (clockevents: Sanitize ticks to nsec conversion).
>>>
>>> I don't know why Thomas's patch "clockevents: Sanitize ticks to nsec
>>> conversion" appears in the request log because it is not part of the
>>> patches interval I specified for git request pull. The diffstat does
>>> not show the files which should have been changed by the patch. In
>>> any case I kept the changelog untouched since it is what gives me
>>> git and maybe someone can tell me why it appears.
>> Look at:
>>
>> git log --oneline --graph --boundary 97b9410..42ab380
>>
>> Then you see that there is Thomas' patch twice. Once the version he
>> committed and sent to Linus (97b9410) and once the version that you get
>> as part of my pull request (a4578ea). To fix this (assuming you don't
>> care much about a stable tree), simply do:
>>
>> git rebase 97b9410 42ab380
>>
>> and let the result pull.
>
> The whole misery starts that you decided to play maintainer and grab
> some patches from the mailinglist and then offering them via a pull
> request to me and others. Finally you tricked Daniel to take them,
> which is a different issue.
>
> There is a reason why I ignored that pull request:
>
> I generally do not pull git trees from people who I'm not
> trusting. And I have good reasons not to trust you at all.
>
> Aside of that, I decided to give you a chance and actually pulled
> your tree into a temporary branch and found out that it's missing a
> stable annotation. Which made the whole exercise go into /dev/null
>
> Now Linus pulled my version way before Daniel pulled your tree into
> his. And you even commented on my commit that I forgot to add a
> tested-by tag. Yes, I missed that in favour of the stable annotation.
>
> But instead of rebasing your tree or even just withdrawing it and
> resending the at91 patch, you let Daniel pull your thing.
>
> Of course Daniel failed to detect the pointless commit in your pull
> request at the point of merging it and then he starts asking questions
> when he sends the pull request for his aggregated stuff ....
>
> There is a good reason why most maintainers have a strict policy from
> whom they are pulling from and from whom they are just accepting
> patches by mail.
>
> Daniel, please provide me a rebased version, but be more careful
> versus integration of random pull requests next time.

Yes I will. Thanks for catching this.

I overwrote my branch with a rebased version.

The following changes since commit 97b9410643475d6557d2517c2aff9fd2221141a9:

clockevents: Sanitize ticks to nsec conversion (2013-10-23 12:51:21
+0200)

are available in the git repository at:

git://git.linaro.org/people/dlezcano/linux.git clockevents/fixes

for you to fetch changes up to f578caebe38b87e7923cc03fb135d1e759912709:

clocksource: sh_tmu: Add clk_prepare/unprepare support (2013-11-13
11:06:50 +0100)

Laurent Pinchart (4):
clocksource: sh_mtu2: Release clock when sh_mtu2_register() fails
clocksource: sh_mtu2: Add clk_prepare/unprepare support
clocksource: sh_tmu: Release clock when sh_tmu_register() fails
clocksource: sh_tmu: Add clk_prepare/unprepare support

Uwe Kleine-König (1):
ARM: at91: rm9200: switch back to clockevents_config_and_register

arch/arm/mach-at91/at91rm9200_time.c | 7 ++-----
drivers/clocksource/sh_mtu2.c | 16 ++++++++++++++--
drivers/clocksource/sh_tmu.c | 20 +++++++++++++++++---

<http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs

Follow Linaro: <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> Facebook |
<http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg> Twitter |
<http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog/> Blog