SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] pin control bulk changes for v3.13
Date
On 11/11/2013 03:03 PM, Linus Walleij wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Vineet Gupta
> <Vineet.Gupta1@synopsys.com> wrote:
>> On 11/11/2013 12:14 PM, Linus Walleij wrote:
>>> - Add the Abilis TB10x pin control driver used on the ARC
>>> architecture. Also the corresponding GPIO driver is merged
>>> through this tree, so the ARC has full support for pins
>>> and GPIOs after this.
>> Only the actual DT changes in arch/arc/plat-tb10x are missing which will require a
>> 2nd pull request for ARC for rc1 which could have been avoided had I bitched about
>> it earlier.
> Actually I think device tree changes - if you mean changes to this platform's
> DTS/DTSI files, should go through the ARC arch tree.

But current workflow is prone to broken bisectability - arch maintainers need to
make sure that the core/driver changes hit mainline before the actual dts/dtsi
files in arch/*

> As the idea is to eventually move the DTS stuff out of the kernel we should
> not try to couple these into the subsystem trees.

IMHO putting the 2 parts in a patch series and routing via the same subsys tree
will not really couple them. I fail to see how u would use the commits in driver/*
(or not use the commits in arch/*) to do the proposed seperation of future.

> Bindings Documentation/devicetree/bindings/* should go through the
> subsystem trees though.

Agreed !

-Vineet

  Last update: 2013-11-11 11:21    [W:0.123 / U:0.928 seconds]