    SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree
    On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 02:03:42PM +0100, Thierry Reding wrote:
    > Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got conflicts in
    >
    > tools/perf/config/Makefile
    > tools/perf/config/feature-tests.mak
    >
    > caused by commits 405ffbd (perf tools: Check libunwind for availability of
    > dwarf parsing feature) and mostly 308e1e7 (tools/perf/build: Clean up the
    > libunwind logic in config/Makefile) as well as various follow-up patches.
    >
    > I fixed it up (see below). Please verify that the resolution looks good.
    > Also note that this isn't really a trivial resolution of a conflict, but
    > required modifying various other files. That causes rerere magic not to
    > work and needs part of conflict to be resolved manually. Perhaps a good
    > idea would be to rebase Jean's patch on top of the cleanups going on in
    > the tip tree? Perhaps even carry the patch in the tip tree?

    These came via my tree (arm perf) after discussion here:

    http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2013-October/203077.html

    Now that they've been pulled by rmk, we can't back them out with ugly
    reverts, so I'm not sure what we can do to resolve in the ARM tree; it looks
    like the perf Makefile has changed significantly in -tip.

    Will

      Last update: 2013-10-25 16:01    [W:4.873 / U:0.324 seconds]