    SubjectRe: linux-next: Tree for Oct 24
    On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 06:16:02AM -0700, Olof Johansson wrote:
    > On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 1:35 AM, Thierry Reding

    > > Yeah, I saw the devm_gpio_request_one() errors too. They happened for 3
    > > boards on ARM I think. Must have forgotten to update the summary email.
    > > I'll see if I can come up with a patch to fix the GPIO related build
    > > failures, or at least report it to LinusW or Alexandre.

    > Hmm.

    > Please don't apply fixes like these directly to your tree, keep the
    > broken parts (or drop the tree that introduced it). It makes the
    > process of getting the fixes in where they really have to go much more
    > error prone, since there's no way to track whether they have landed in
    > the right place yet or not.

    The rule I was applying (which I think is the same as Stephen applies)
    is that I'd fix anything that was definitely the result of a merge issue
    (like the build failure in misc due to a sysfs API change in the sysfs
    tree) but not anything that was just plain broken in the tree in
    isolation.

      Last update: 2013-10-25 16:01    [W:4.159 / U:0.400 seconds]