    SubjectRe: EFI and multiboot2 devlopment work for Xen
    On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 10:54:44AM +0200, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
    > On 21.10.2013 23:16, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
    > > Mail is big, I think I got your essential points but I didn't read it whole.
    > > On 21.10.2013 14:57, Daniel Kiper wrote:
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> During work on multiboot2 protocol support for Xen it was discovered
    > >> that memory map passed via relevant tag could not represent wide range
    > >> of memory types available on EFI platforms. Additionally, GRUB2
    > >> implementation calls ExitBootServices() on them just before jumping
    > >> into loaded image. In this situation loaded system could not clearly
    > >> identify reserved memory regions, EFI runtime services regions and others.
    > >>
    > > Will a multiboot2 tag with whole EFI memory map solve your problem?
    > I added such a tag in documentation and wrote a patch for it (attached).

    Thanks. Could you send me a pointer to current multiboot2 protocol docs?

    > Awaiting for someone to test it to commit

    On first sight it looks quite nice. However, as I know Solaris guys
    prepared similar solution. I am not sure it was discussed with GRUB2
    guys. However, I think that it is worth coordinating both works and
    do not break existing solution if it is possible.

    I will try to get more details about Solaris implementation.

    Daniel