SubjectRe: [GIT PULL][FOR REVIEW] Regulators: Bring the AB8500 into the 20th century
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 04:41:31PM +0000, Lee Jones wrote:

> If you'd like me to sent the patches to the MLs for a better review
> platform I can do, but I'd like to get permission before I go and
> start upsetting people.

> This branch contains 111 patches and has already gone though multiple
> cycles of fixing-up, squashing, splitting and revert removal.

So, some highlights from a quick scan through:

- Most of the OF stuff needs to go, OF isn't just a dumping ground for
typing in all the platform data with no thought about abstraction.
Things like -input-microvolt for example, and the mode switching
needs to be completely reworked.

- Send the arch/arm stuff separately, supplies with NULL for the device
are generally not a good sign though.

- The -debug code looks like it's all NIH stuff, large chunks of it
are reproducing stuff that's already there, it looks to have copies
of all the data defining the regulators that must be duplicated in
the regulator drivers themselves (which isn't a triumph) and the
overwhelming bulk of it looks totally generic so it really shouldn't
be in a driver.

- I can't help but think this would get a lot less verbose with regmap,
there's a lot of functions that .
The no-bus support just merged would make that a lot easier.

- dbx500-prcmu looks worrying, it appears to be replicating bits of the
core regulator API for some unclear reason.

So probably no point in posting the series as-is. I'd recommend
starting off by pulling out the core feature additions to the regulator
driver and the -ext driver, that should make things a lot smaller.

  Last update: 2013-01-30 04:21    [W:0.062 / U:0.312 seconds]