SubjectRe: [git pull] fbcon locking fixes.
Hey,

Op 25-01-13 02:45, Dave Airlie schreef:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Dave Airlie <airlied@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Linus Torvalds
>> <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>>> Last this was tried, these patches failed miserably.
>>>
>>> They caused instant lockdep splat and then a total lockup with efifb.
>>> It may be that Takashi's patch helps fix that problem, but it's in no
>>> way clear that it does, so the patch series isn't at all obviously
>>> stable.
>>>
>>> Yes, lockdep is indeed "kinda useful", and there clearly are locking
>>> problems in fbdev. But I'm not seeing myself pulling these for 3.8.
>>> They've been too problematic to pull in at this late stage.
>>>
>> Okay I'll fix the efifb problem and then maybe queue them for -next.
> Okay I've just sent out another fbcon patch to fix the locking harder.
>
> There was a path going into set_con2fb_path if an fb driver was
> already registered, I just pushed the locking out further on anyone
> going in there.
>
> it boots on my EFI macbook here.

I cherry picked those patches to my tree, and the full series no longer triggers a lockdep warning.
It also no longer locks up during modprobing or vga-switcheroo either.

Tested-by: Maarten Lankhorst <maarten.lankhorst@canonical.com>

~Maarten

  Last update: 2013-01-28 14:21    [W:0.054 / U:0.940 seconds]