SubjectRe: IPsec AH use of ahash
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Mike Galbraith" <bitbucket@online.de>
> To: "Tom St Denis" <tstdenis@elliptictech.com>

One point you're missing is that *I* have CMAC support. *YOU* don't. So being contrary and adversarial about it isn't really hurting me, it's annoying me because I have to manually supply a patch for my users but at the end of the day it isn't me who is losing out. It seems odd that the maintainers who should be happy to receive original content which adds standards support are so ardent that it must be done perfectly and totally unlike the code they submit (which I've already shown doesn't meet these standards).

The other point is that the system can use some working on and unless people raise concerns nothing will change. Large swathes of kernel code don't meet these "coding standards" despite the fact that many source files that are in violation have been "worked on" long after the checkpatch script was written.

In all likelihood I will submit a revised CMAC patch but it'll take time before I can get business hours to work on it. So instead of having a maintainer just touch it up we're all going to lose out because of pride?

Tom

  Last update: 2013-01-20 16:21    [W:0.081 / U:0.984 seconds]