SubjectRe: [PULL] Module fixes, and a virtio block fix.
On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com> wrote:

> What you mean by "corrupt" is not clear to me

Some versions would just silently change the actual name you were using.

So if you said "for-linus", it might change it to "linus", just
because that branch happened to have the same SHA1 commit ID.

That's not right.

Other versions would replace the "for-linus" with "**missing-branch**"
because "for-linus" hadn't mirrored out yet.

That's not right either.

Basically, if "git request-pull" is given a branch/tag name, that is
the only valid output (although going from branch->tag *might* be
acceptable). The whole "verify that it actually exists on the remote
side" must never *ever* actually change the message itself, it should
just cause a warning outside of the message.

I can't say from the commit message whether that's the thing that
fixed it or not, but at least some people stopped sending me broken
pull requests after updating to git. I'm just not sure which of the
two different failure cases they happened to have (Rusty seems to have
hit both)

Linus

  Last update: 2013-01-21 03:41    [W:0.890 / U:0.024 seconds]