SubjectRe: [PULL] Module fixes, and a virtio block fix.
On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Rusty Russell <rusty@rustcorp.com.au> wrote:

> Due to the delay on git.kernel.org, git request-pull fails. It *looks*
> like it succeeds, except the warning, but (as we learned last time I
> screwed up), it doesn't put the branchname because it can't know.

I think this should be fixed in modern git versions.

And it sure as hell knows the proper tag name, since you *gave* it the
name and it used it for generating the actual contents. The fact that
some versions then screw that up and re-write the tag-name to
something randomly matching that isn't a tag was just a bug.

> For want of a better solution, I'll now resort to sending pull requests
> with the anti-social gitolite URL in it, like so:

That's even worse, fwiw. It means that the pull request address makes
no sense to anybody who doesn't have a kernel.org address, and then
I'm forced to just edit things by hand instead to not pollute the
kernel changelog history with crap.

Junio, didn't "git request-pull" get fixed so that it *warns* about
missing tagnames/branches, but never actually corrupts the pull
request? Or did it just get "fixed" to be a hard error instead of
corrupting things? Because this is annoying.

Linus

  Last update: 2013-01-21 03:21    [W:0.044 / U:0.056 seconds]