    SubjectRE: iwlwifi: regression in 3.8-rc4 and 3.7.3
    On Sun, 20 Jan 2013, Grumbach, Emmanuel wrote:

    > > On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 6:56 AM, Hugh Dickins <hughd@google.com> wrote:
    > > > After sending the first 2MB, scp over wireless becomes unbearably
    > > > slow, with frequent stalls: on this ThinkPad T420s running 3.8-rc4 or 3.7.3.
    > > > Not always, but often.
    > > >

    > > There is one pending iwlwifi-fixes, dunno if it will fix your issue.
    > > [1] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/iwlwifi/iwlwifi-
    > > fixes.git;a=commitdiff;h=c3e5d7181afb66657393066bccce0956fab09ab3
    >
    > Right - so the 2 patches are unrelated, and the one Sedat is pointing at is relevant for 3.8 only. It fixes a bug that has been introduced in 3.8.

    Yes, I have now given that one a try, but it does not affect my issue.

    > Regarding the issue Hugh is suffering from, I have to say that I am a little confused since I am pretty sure the patch is right. Now, it might uncover other pre-existing bugs. All I can say is that I don't think that reverting the patch is *so* problematic since the patch really wants to solve a rare case. If it causes issues, we can simply revert it. It only means that when I will get a little bit of time, I might need to ask you a few logs. Thanks for the report (and the bisection).

    Sure, let me know what to do, once you have time to investigate.

    So far as I know, I'm the first to notice: so we can probably
    leave it in 3.8-rc for now, until/unless it gives wider trouble.

    But reverting from 3.7-stable soon would be a good idea,
    regressions there being more tiresome.

    Hugh

      Last update: 2013-01-20 09:21    [W:2.270 / U:0.296 seconds]