    SubjectRe: [RFC Patch v1 00/31] Synopsys ARC Linux kernel Port
    Hi!

    > >> I think it would be best use of everybody's time if you could focus on
    > >> the technical content of the port rather than the name. It has been like
    > >> that for +10 years and I don't intend to make the kernel port name
    > >> different from THE arch name itself.
    > > Yeah, and it is best use of reviewers time to confuse them with
    > > one-letter difference to very popular architecture... and use three
    > > letter acronym that was already taken.
    > >
    > > In this state, I hope your port never gets merged. Yes, I got used to
    > > do cd a<tab>/ar<tab>.
    >
    > Although I really don't want to spend time arguing with you but still ...... if
    > you had a neighbor with same name as your friend your strategy most likely would
    > be to force one of them to change names - kind of seems funny and
    > stupid.

    Yeah, imagine creating "/bin/mr" that would be du equivalent. How many
    people would delete their files by mistake?

    > Having said that, despite all the ranting so far, you've not managed to comment on
    > a single line of the actual code, which is more funny and stupid. So

    Yeah, you tricked me into reviewing your code. No, I will not do more
    reviews for you. Yes, I bet I'm not the only one, and I bet that
    mistake will happen about once per developer.

    Pavel

      Last update: 2013-01-19 18:21    [W:2.651 / U:0.008 seconds]