SubjectRe: IPsec AH use of ahash
On Sat, 2013-01-19 at 05:30 -0500, Tom St Denis wrote:

> As someone who maintained (and I mean that in all senses not just
> applied patches) OSS projects while working full time and still trying
> to have a life I get it. That said I never turned away patches solely
> on "style" issues. At the same time you should look at the size and
> scope of the patches I'm talking about. It took me all of less than
> an hour to develop and less than a couple of hours to give it a run to
> see if it works correctly [talking about the CMAC patch].
>
> This *should* be a no-brainer to apply.

Again, if its a no-brainer, the patch should be perfect, so that our
brains can cope with the hard to review patches, and hard to debug
problems. A maintainer is not a machine doing mechanical work

Every time we have to ask you another round, its a lost of time for
everybody.

Really if you can not understand that, thats too bad.

> For those of us who do Kernel development during business hours it's
> hard to justify the work when the path to mainline is convoluted and
> landmined.

Thousands of contributors just did it very well.

You might read a bit Documentation/SubmittingPatches

vi +263 Documentation/SubmittingPatches

This is a bit outdated, as obviously Linus is not the guy most
contributors are dealing with.

  Last update: 2013-01-19 17:21    [W:0.892 / U:0.016 seconds]