SubjectRE: [dm-devel] Announcement: STEC EnhanceIO SSD caching software for Linux kernel

I am curious as to how SSD latency matters so much in the overall transaction times.

We do a lot of performance measurements using SQL database benchmarks. Transaction times vary a lot depending on location of data, complexity of the transaction etc. Typically TPM (transactions per minute) is of primary interest for TPC-C.

> Hopefully I'll have a couple of them setup within a
> week. At that point I may need help in getting the proper kernel trees
> and patch sets munged into a working kernel. That seems to be the spot
> where I fall over most of the time.
>
> Unfortunately I probably could not share this specific setup but it is
> likely that I can derive a version from it that can be opened.

That'll be good. I'll check with our testing team whether they can run TPC-C comparisons for these three caching solutions.

-Amit

PROPRIETARY-CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION INCLUDED

This electronic transmission, and any documents attached hereto, may contain confidential, proprietary and/or legally privileged information. The information is intended only for use by the recipient named above. If you received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender and delete the electronic message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of information received in error is strictly prohibited, and violators will be pursued legally.

  Last update: 2013-01-18 19:21    [W:0.199 / U:0.080 seconds]