SubjectRe: LIO - the broken iSCSI target implementation
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Andy Grover <agrover@redhat.com> wrote:

> No... actually upstream targetcli/rtslib are not very well maintained.
> Around 5 patches each in the last year.
>
> Meanwhile, I have been actively maintaining branches at
> github.com/agrover/targetcli-fb and github.com/agrover/rtslib-fb. We
> have a man page and screencasts even. Feel free to file bugs against
> them and I'll respond.

If you look at the linux-iscsi.org link that Nicholas pointed at, it
actually does point to your targetcli-fb as the source package.

The fact that that Andreas then had a hard time finding documentation
and where to report problems, and things didn't work well for him is
obviously a problem, though.

And yes, he may have found the RTS repository because he followed the
Debian entry on linux-iscsi points not to your git tree, but to that
one, but hey, that's Debian. I sometimes suspect that they actively
search out the oldest possible source repository in their quest to be
"stable".

Linus

  Last update: 2013-01-18 00:41    [W:0.071 / U:0.112 seconds]