SubjectRe: One last tweak for perfection.
On 1/16/2013 3:27 PM, Ove Karlsen wrote:
> On 1/16/2013 3:25 PM, Ove Karlsen wrote:
>> On 1/16/2013 3:02 PM, Ove Karlsen wrote:
>>> What kernelthreads _needs_ to run? So I can put them on max pri
>>> renice, along with reniced X and app. And everything else on idle
>>> priority. So to make the app run at max efficiency, and not be
>>> starved by kernelthreads waiting. (Or any other consideration, for
>>> giving maximal cpu to app. Even small tweaks.)
>>>
>>> To read my research so far, (and I have done much, about 2 years of
>>> tweakin´ on and off.) Please see
>>> http://paradoxuncreated.com/Blog/wordpress/?p=2268
>>>
>>> Main points, no highres timer, 90hz timer, + a lot of smaller tweaks.
>>> This makes an amazing linux-desktop, for gaming, video and audio. The
>>> popular computer for everyman. Also boosts performance, for
>>> resource-constrained systems.
>>>
>>> For more advanced hacking, one could also get in there, and make
>>> several HZ timers, extremely low ones, for the components who only
>>> require that, and 90hz for video-components, for instance (low
>>> video/frame jitter), and higher if anything should require that.
>>>
>>> Also system-wide, software should be synced to hz, if required for
>>> lowest jitter, such as animations and videoplayers, and videoplayers
>>> automatically change refresh rate to a multiple of video framerate.
>>>
>>> Peace Be With You.
PS: I forgot the realtime sincs of drivers. HZ is really not an issue
to debate for me, 90 hz is sufficient, and only to userspace, right?
So yea, forget the talk on HZ.

Peace Be With You.

And "synced to hz" with regards to video, is the screen hz ofcourse, not
kernel.

Peace Be With You.

(resendt due to lkml rejecting html mail)