Subjectfb: Rework locking to fix lock ordering on takeover
From
Hi Andrew,

your patch from [1] - as far as I followed - misses a lot of
Reported-by#s and Tested-by#s (Boris, Jiri, etc.).
Just one new R-b I have seen yesterday.

I have the original patch from Alan plus the two follow-ups from you
in my patch-series against v3.8-{rc2,rc3} for quite a while.
So, please feel free to add a Tested-by.

Unfortunately, your patch has introduced some (unwanted) extra chars
like "_*" (comments only).
I appreciate one single (new) patch like this, but please in a proper way.

A disappeared/busy/not-answering maintainer is not an excuse for
handling serious regressions (even here in this case there are fixes
around),
Personally, I am still missing a mei-driver fix [2] and a libata-dev fix [3].
Both issues are not new to the maintainers.
Not sure if shouting louder is the best strategy here.

It would be great to have a place like a "board of arbitration" where
someone can send blames.
And I remember vaguely Rafael had a nice list of issues (w/ reference
to patches!).
This was a real cool helpful innoivation!
I can't remember why Rafael stopped his nice service to the
Linux-kernel community.

Have fun!

Regards,
- Sedat -

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/1969391/
[2] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/gregkh/char-misc.git;a=commitdiff;h=e6028db0146cf5a68dbd1508225ea49840997880
[3] http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/206897/

  Last update: 2013-01-13 17:01    [W:0.113 / U:0.328 seconds]