SubjectRe: [RFCv2 00/12] Introduce host-side virtio queue and CAIF Virtio.
From
On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 12:35 AM, Rusty Russell <rusty@rustcorp.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Sjur!
>
> OK, the Internet was no help here, how do you pronounce Sjur?
> I'm guessing "shoor" rhyming with tour until I know better.

Thank you for asking! This is pretty close yes.
I usually tell people to pronounce it like "sure" for simplicity.
But Google translate has a perfect Norwegian voice pronouncing my name:
http://translate.google.com/#auto/no/sjur (Press the speaker button)

While at the subject: Norwegian names can be a laugh: I have people
named "Odd" and "Even" in my family, and I once had a friend named
"Aashold".

>> I would prefer not to split into pages at this point, but rather provide an
>> iterator or the original list found in the descriptor to the client.
> In other words, boundaries matter?
>
> While the sg-in-place hack is close to optimal for TCM_VHOST, neither
> net not you can use it directly. I'll switch to an iovec (with a
> similar use-caller-supplied-if-it-fits trick); they're smaller anyway.

Great, I think iovec will be a good fit for my CAIF driver.

Thanks,
Sjur

  Last update: 2013-01-11 16:43    [W:0.063 / U:1.580 seconds]