SubjectRe: Bug fixes/cleanups for floppy driver (v4)
On Mon, 27 Aug 2012, Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski wrote:

> Following this are fixes for bugs noticed on floppy driver, and some
> extra cleanups. Version history below:
>
> v2: separate fixes, and incorporate suggestions by Vivek Goyal.
> also I splitted the cleanups from fixes.
> v3: remove dr, also this possibly makes error handling more readable
> (suggested by by Vivek Goyal), incorporate acks.
> v4: re-shuffle series with patch from Ben Hutchings handling the queue
> reference in a better way inside genhd
>
> Patches 1-2 and 4 are general bug fixes for problems noted in the floppy
> driver initialization and its error handling. They are the minimal fix
> required, so it's suitable and easy to pick for stable releases (so
> are Cc'd to stable), and thus not contain cleanups or re-factoring.
>
> Patch 3 is a patch from Ben Hutchings fixing in a better way the extra
> queue reference issue that was introduced in commit 523e1d3 ('block:
> make gendisk hold a reference to its queue'). Instead of making the
> drivers worry about the extra reference, fix it and handle that in a
> better way inside genhd. I'm not sure if this should go with the floppy
> changes or picked up separate for the block tree. In any case, patch 6
> will only apply after it is applied. His patch was proposed with the
> previous series I submitted and handles the problem better so I took the
> liberty to include now, I just fixed the changelog as was noticed that
> time to reference the right commit, and included my ack.
>
> Patch 5 and 6 implements earlier suggested cleanups and enhancements.

I have now finally got to reviewing the series and all the previous
Vivek's and Ben's comments and verifying this on real HW, sorry for the
delay.

Applied, thanks Herton.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2012-09-03 18:22    [W:0.062 / U:0.668 seconds]