SubjectRe: PROBLEM: snd_hda_intel bug during boot
From
Hi,

Yes it used to work with 2.6 kernel.
Ok I will do a bisect and try to find the source of the problem.
I'll notify you if I'll find something but don't expect it to be fast
cause the problem happens on my home laptop (pretty old and rusty :) )
and I also have a lot of other stuff to do.

Regards,
Alexei

2012/8/8 Jesper Juhl <jj@chaosbits.net>:
> On Wed, 8 Aug 2012, Jesper Juhl wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 8 Aug 2012, Alexei Kornienko wrote:
>>
>> > Seems like I have a bug in audio driver on my laptop. Cause of this I
>> > don't have any sound card detected.
>> > Please find more details below:
>> >
>> > ** Version:
>> > Linux version 3.2.0-29-generic-pae (buildd@roseapple) (gcc version
>> > 4.6.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) ) #46-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 27
>> > 17:25:43 UTC 2012
>> >
>> Ok, so I openly admit that I have no clue as to what your problem might
>> be. But, one thing I do know is that, a *lot* has changed since the 3.2
>> kernel you are running and the most recent stable (3.5) kernel. So,
>> perhaps you could test the 3.5 kernel and tell us if you still see the
>> problem with that one or not?
>> If you are feeling adventurous you could also try a snapshot of the latest
>> Linus (to become 3.6) kernel and tell us your experiences with that...?
>>
> Also, if this used to work with an older kernel, then it would probably
> be helpful if you could do a "git bisect" between the older (working)
> kernel version and your current (broken) kernel version in order to zoom
> in on the commit that broke things for you.
>
> --
> Jesper Juhl <jj@chaosbits.net> http://www.chaosbits.net/
> Don't top-post http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/T/top-post.html
> Plain text mails only, please.

  Last update: 2012-08-09 08:26    [W:0.079 / U:0.140 seconds]