SubjectRE: [NEW DRIVER V1 5/7] DA9058 GPIO driver
Date

By using a semaphore (mutex/critical region) as I do in the DA9058 GPIO
component driver, there is absolutely no set-direction-race-condition in
the driver. The driver will always be consistent, either INP or OUT for each
GPIO line. There may, indeed, be confusion between multiple users of the
GPIO lines, but that is, quite properly, their problem. Even though in practice
there will usually be only one GPIO consumer/user, it still seems to me to be
better to code for the worst case. If indeed there is only one GPIO consumer/
user then the mutex access will be fast and non-blocking.

The GPIO control register (as opposed to the status register) is marked as
non-volitile so there should be no i2c access overhead when reading it.

Tony

  Last update: 2012-08-08 10:42    [W:0.053 / U:0.024 seconds]