SubjectRe: Using uio_pdrv to create an platform device for an FPGA, mmap() fails
On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 11:03:04PM +0000, Worth, Kevin wrote:

> >> but the code seems like
> >> possibly useful sample/example code.
> >
> >That is another good argument.
>
> Perhaps this could be genericized to be a generic "Memory Map Userspace
> IO Device" that takes a base address and a length in config (since those
> are really the only things that are particular to my device/usage).

I don't see a point in making it more generic than it already is. Other
people's devices generate interrupts or have several mappings. Since these
drivers are so small, especially when using uio_pdrv, it doesn't make sense
to make it more generic.

> Could be enhanced to allow for additional maps, etc. or just serve as a
> working example. Docs could then also simply refer to this as an example
> of a device that uses the uio_pdrv driver.

Just make your driver clean and simple, then refer to it in the docs as one
possible example.

Thanks,
Hans

  Last update: 2012-08-31 11:21    [W:0.044 / U:0.552 seconds]