SubjectRe: Logitech USB headset not working in 3.6-rc3
On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 00:30:22 +0200,
Daniel Mack <zonque@gmail.com> wrote:

>So what does "isn't working anymore" refer to precisely? Are there any
>more dmesg entries generated once the stream is started?

When I try to play music, the progress bar for the song doesn't advance and
there is no audbile sound. I am able to use sound preferences to change
the configuration for the device. (The headset has a few different output
modes and the like.)

I saved dmesg output in a file, tried to start a song, saved dmesg output
to another file. diff reported the two files as identical. So trying to
play music doesn't seem to trigger dmesg output.

I see this behavior on three different computers. Rebooting into an old
enough kernel gets things working again. The older kernels also have
older initramfs images. I could rebuild those to see if there is some
issue there instead of the kernels themselves?

  Last update: 2012-08-25 14:01    [W:0.056 / U:0.904 seconds]