SubjectPower: s3c_adc_battery.c backup battery query
From
Hello,

I am trying to write a generic batttery driver using IIO and I have
one some below
questions:

Why do we have the representation of backup battery in this
driver(s3c_adc_battery.c) and when does the
s3c_adc_backup_bat_get_property function gets called?

As I understand, it is as this:It is called when it is registered
and when the user wants to know the backup battery status(sysfs)
and we don't do a workqueue scheduling as it will consume more power.

static struct s3c_adc_bat backup_bat = {
.psy = {
.name = "backup-battery",
.type = POWER_SUPPLY_TYPE_BATTERY,
.properties = s3c_adc_backup_bat_props,
.num_properties = ARRAY_SIZE(s3c_adc_backup_bat_props),
.get_property = s3c_adc_backup_bat_get_property,
.use_for_apm = 1,
},
};

I am stuck with mulitple *get_property callbacks.As we don't know how many
batteries system has and consequently we don't know how many *get_property
callbacks to be implemented.

So below is my plan:
What I am trying to do is to have a single callback(*get_property) and manage
everything in this callback and will use the name of the psy to
distinguish between
the different batteries which system has and driver will receive this
information using
platform data.Hope it makes sense.

  Last update: 2012-08-22 07:41    [W:0.049 / U:0.040 seconds]