SubjectRe: Power: s3c_adc_battery.c backup battery query
On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 8:05 AM, anish kumar <yesanishhere@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi

> I am trying to write a generic batttery driver using IIO and I have
> one some below
> questions:
>
> Why do we have the representation of backup battery in this
> driver(s3c_adc_battery.c) and when does the
> s3c_adc_backup_bat_get_property function gets called?

Because backup battery differs a bit from main battery (for example,
it has no current monitoring capability).
Maybe it was not a good decision, as it's possible to handle it via
platform data info as you suggested.

> As I understand, it is as this:It is called when it is registered
> and when the user wants to know the backup battery status(sysfs)
> and we don't do a workqueue scheduling as it will consume more power.
>
> static struct s3c_adc_bat backup_bat = {
> .psy = {
> .name = "backup-battery",
> .type = POWER_SUPPLY_TYPE_BATTERY,
> .properties = s3c_adc_backup_bat_props,
> .num_properties = ARRAY_SIZE(s3c_adc_backup_bat_props),
> .get_property = s3c_adc_backup_bat_get_property,
> .use_for_apm = 1,
> },
> };
>
> I am stuck with mulitple *get_property callbacks.As we don't know how many
> batteries system has and consequently we don't know how many *get_property
> callbacks to be implemented.
>
> So below is my plan:
> What I am trying to do is to have a single callback(*get_property) and manage
> everything in this callback and will use the name of the psy to
> distinguish between
> the different batteries which system has and driver will receive this
> information using
> platform data.Hope it makes sense.

Just send a patch for review :)

Regards
Vasily

  Last update: 2012-08-22 10:21    [W:2.190 / U:0.468 seconds]