    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Update LZO compression
    On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 01:44:02AM +0200, Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer wrote:
    > On 2012-07-16 20:30, Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer wrote:
    > >
    > > As stated in the README this version is significantly faster (typically more
    > > than 2 times faster!) than the current version, has been thoroughly tested on
    > > x86_64/i386/powerpc platforms and is intended to get included into the
    > > official Linux 3.6 or 3.7 release.
    > >
    > > I encourage all compression users to test and benchmark this new version,
    > > and I also would ask some official LZO maintainer to convert the updated
    > > source files into a GIT commit and possibly push it to Linus or linux-next.

    Sorry for not reporting earlier, but I didn't have time to do real
    benchmarks, just a quick test on ARM926EJ-S using barebox,
    and found in the new version decompression is slower:
    http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/barebox/2012-July/008268.html

    BTW, do you have userspace code matching the old and new
    lzo versions? It would be easier to benchmark.

    Unfortunately I cannot claim high confidence in my benchmark results
    due to missing time to do it properly, it would be useful if
    someone else could do some benchmarks on ARM before merging this.

    Johannes

      Last update: 2012-08-14 15:23    [W:3.549 / U:0.000 seconds]