    SubjectRe: [RFC v2 1/2] PCI-Express Non-Transparent Bridge Support
    From
    > I've tried to make it all generic enough that non-Intel NTBs should plug in with
    > minimal changes to ntb_hw.c. If their design is too divergent, then a slight
    > redesign of ntb_hw.c might be necessary. But from what I've seen of other
    > designs on the internet, they appear to be extremely similar. The transport and
    > client drivers were written with the hardware abstracted away as much as
    > possible to prevent the need to modify it for different hardware. If there is
    > anything which is Intel hardware specific, I'd be happy to change it to make it
    > more generic.
    In ntb_process_tx(), ntb uses hard-coding 'memcpy_toio' to copy data
    to remote.
    Is it better to provide a function pointer like 'tx()' and call qp->tx().
    memcpy_toio is a slow operation. Some hardware can setup a dma
    transfer and wait.

    IMHO, the best way is to handle tx in async mode. But it requires
    lots of modification.

      Last update: 2012-07-31 06:01    [W:2.578 / U:0.004 seconds]