    Dear K.Y., please read _again_ my letter
    Sent: Monday, April 02, 2012 1:46 PM
    }

    > Lots of things would be "nice",
    > but as this doesn't meet the stable_kernel_rules.txt rules, sorry, I can't take them.

    IMHO, patches "does meet the stable_kernel_rules.txt rules" by _all_ criterias . . .

    See info correlated with rules:
    ==
    Rules on what kind of patches are accepted, and which ones are not, into the
    "-stable" tree:

    {
    - It must be obviously correct and tested.

    Tested ( but, in early implementaition): Ubuntu 12.04 + OpenSUSE

    }

    {

    - It cannot be bigger than 100 lines, with context.

    79 lines
    +
    47 lines
    }

    {
    - It must fix only one thing.

    Yes

    }

    {

    - It must fix a real bug that bothers people (not a, "This could be a
    problem..." type thing).

    Is real bug: see URLs in my e-mails about problem
    + see tranlate from Russian language issue described by Maksim Kramarenko:
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-russian/2012/01/msg00324.html
    ==

    . . .

    At the conclusion of the system through the halt or when sending a signal shutdown by ACPI to power down the console
    fell errors:
    http://www.k-max.name/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/hyper-v.png

    Errors do not interfere with work, but sneaking suspicion about future problems with the hard drive ...

    . . .

    in general, the source of the problem as follows:
    After [VVM: turn On in kernel source] Hyper-V modules [compile and start use], a hard disk was determined as 2 with the
    same UUID.

    . . .

    Here are screenshots of what is happening:
    connected to a drive:
    http://www.k-max.name/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/hdd-e1327750214479.png
    it is defined as a 2:
    http://www.k-max.name/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/2hdd.png
    Naturally, the same UUID:
    http://www.k-max.name/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/blkid.png
    That's what tells us the directory / dev:
    http://www.k-max.name/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/uuid.png

    ==

    }

    {
    - It must fix a problem that causes a build error (but not for things
    marked CONFIG_BROKEN), an oops, a hang, data corruption, a real
    security issue, or some "oh, that's not good" issue. In short, something
    critical.
    - New device IDs and quirks are also accepted.

    not related this patch

    }

    {
    - No "theoretical race condition" issues, unless an explanation of how the
    race can be exploited is also provided.
    - It cannot contain any "trivial" fixes in it (spelling changes,
    whitespace cleanups, etc).

    No "theoretical" , no "trivial"

    }

    - It must follow the Documentation/SubmittingPatches rules.

    Prepare patches -- this job duty of Microsoft employee

    - It or an equivalent fix must already exist in Linus' tree (upstream).

    Yes

    ==

    Best regards, Victor Miasnikov
    Blog: http://vvm.blog.tut.by/

      Last update: 2012-06-04 15:21    [W:3.018 / U:0.064 seconds]