SubjectRe: 2012 Kernel Summit: Call for Participation: 2nd CALL
Hello, guys.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 11:19:22AM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> The annual Kernel Summit for 2012 will be held on the 3 days preceding the
> Linux Foundation LinuxCon and Linux Plumbers Conference at the Sheraton San
> Diego Hotel and Marina from 27-29 August:

First of all, thank you very much for doing the hard work of
organizing KS for all these years.

One issue that I sometimes have with KS is that it often coincides
with (or falls very close to) Korean Thanksgiving which is 15th day of
8th month on the lunar calendar which, this year, falls on Sept 30th.
This is one of the two biggest traditional holidays in Korea (three
day holiday thing w/ a lot of the population moving for family
gatherings) making traveling for conferences somewhat difficult.

Interestingly, China doesn't seem to have that as thanksgiving but
moon festival, which may be a smaller deal and the population affected
by this schedule may be too small to matter. Is it just me? Any
other Koreans coming to KS this year?.

Depending on the number of people affected and if at all possible, it
would be nice to avoid such big holidays. So, have fun, guys.

Thanks.

--
tejun

  Last update: 2012-06-21 21:01    [W:0.105 / U:0.116 seconds]