SubjectRe: oostore on x86
> I've suggested just removing that code in the past a few times.
> Even if it does still work, anyone complaining about performance loss
> of a modern kernel on something of that era can't be taken seriously.

I'm not sure removing it makes sense given what a tiny spec of code is
involved. Also in practice most of the same bits are actually used with
different fencing operators on PPro for errata and on PIII and higher for
temporal stores. Of the tree tiny changes it causes two are identical to
PPro...

Alan

  Last update: 2012-04-09 11:39    [W:0.045 / U:0.164 seconds]