SubjectRe: RFC: deprecating/removing the legacy mode of devpts
> 2 would be easy if it wasn't for udev, which makes it very hard.  It is
> not reasonable for udev to support both modes, so the *only* mode that
> is reasonable for it to support is the new mode. However, it is
> increasingly obvious that if we don't force it, this will never happen.

If enough people care about it then udev will get fixed. Using the kernel
as a large hammer to try and force one worldview onto people who couldn't
give a flying.. isn't the right answer here.

Get the distros to switch mode by asking them and/or by sending them
changes for new releases.

Alan

  Last update: 2012-04-08 19:21    [W:0.053 / U:0.500 seconds]