SubjectRe: 3.2.11: PCI Express card cannot be re-detected withing cca 60sec timeframe
From
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Martin Mokrejs
<mmokrejs@fold.natur.cuni.cz> wrote:

> Yinghai Lu wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Martin Mokrejs
>> <mmokrejs@fold.natur.cuni.cz> wrote:

>> sometimes it report correctly. sometime it does not.
>
> I realized with Win 7 that if the Express Card with the two USB 3.0 ports has an external drive
> connected, its removal gets "always" detected. Probably because USB is polling for the disk and
> realizes that is is gone?
>
> Second observation is that in Device manager if I open the USB controllers list, I see for
> this card a USB HUB and a USB controller (two lines in the listig). If I remove the card
> the listing doesn't get updated. When I open the ROOT HUB properties, on the General tab
> is claimed that it is working well and the system does not realize the card is unplugged
> a long while already. But, if I open properties of the HOST CONTROLLER, it I think updates
> the "General tab" and says something about code 45. And after closing tgis HOST CONTROLLER
> window, the Device manager windows gets refreshed and the two lines related to the card
> disappear.

ok, other OS have same problem.

> I just tried something similar under linux, with all the patches I accumulated for 3.4-rc3
> and posted in my previous emails. It seems linux flips some value so on every second card
> removal it really does realize it was just unplugged.

that is really looks like silicon problem.

> Maybe the above is helpful?
> Martin
> P.S.: Meanwhile am waiting for an answer from Dell.

thinkpad 420 only can use acpiphp, because bios does give PCI CAP
control to OS via _OSC, pciehp could not used.

Yinghai

  Last update: 2012-04-19 23:51    [W:0.205 / U:0.520 seconds]