    SubjectRe: [ 00/78] 3.3.2-stable review
    Felipe Contreras wrote:
    > On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Stefan Richter wrote:

    >> If you do not like to wait for Linus and Greg, you simply have to derive
    >> an own kernel which additionally contains your preferred fixes.
    >
    > Yes, because clearly everybody thinks the process is perfect, and
    > criticizing it is heresy.

    Close. Not everyone. For example, you do not think the process is
    perfect.

    I don't think Stefan meant the above as tongue-in-cheek, for what it's
    worth. Another stable kernel with different rules really would be an
    interesting exercise, and would probably fulfill a need for a certain
    audience.

    It's not like nobody does that already, anyway. For example, I hear
    Fedora has a kernel that they maintain well for a different audience,
    using different rules.

    Ciao,
    Jonathan

      Last update: 2012-04-14 01:07    [W:2.596 / U:0.996 seconds]