SubjectRe: [ 00/78] 3.3.2-stable review
Am 12.04.2012 22:06, schrieb Greg KH:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 09:57:53PM +0200, Alexander Holler wrote:

>>> Have you read Documentation/stable_kernel_rules.txt? Based on that, I
>>> don't think it can, yet, right?
>>
>> Hmm, after reading that, I think the text could need an update about
>> how to submit patches written by others (which can already be found
>> in the upstream tree).
>>
>> At least for me the text reads like only the authors can request
>> inclusion of a patch into the stable tree.
>
> Patches are always welcome, but I think you will find the file already
> describes this (hint, the first '-' line for the Procedure section
> handles it).

That reads:

"- Send the patch, after verifying that it follows the above rules, to
stable@vger.kernel.org. You must note the upstream commit ID in the
changelog of your submission, as well as the kernel version you wish
it to be applied to."

Maybe I'm a bit dumb, but what would be my changelog if the patch was
written by someone else (and e.g. fixes something the author wasn't
aware of or hasn't described)?

Sorry, but I don't understand "changelog" in that context. Should I
modify the (description of the) patch?

Regards,

Alexander

  Last update: 2012-04-12 22:33    [W:0.045 / U:0.064 seconds]