SubjectRe: [ 105/175] CIFS: Respect negotiated MaxMpxCount
From
On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 7:18 PM, Jeff Layton <jlayton@samba.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 12:50:10 -0700
> Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>
>> 3.3-stable review patch.  If anyone has any objections, please let me know.
>>

> I'm not sure it's a good idea to put this patch into any stable release
> just yet. I think it's a correct and necessary fix, but it has some
> potential to cause regressions too (or uncover other preexisting
> problems with this code). Might it be best to wait until we have some
> more experience with this before we push it into stable?

Delaying it a little is probably ok, but weigh that against the
frequency/severity
of the problem that Pavel's fix addresses: ie sequential writes to some
versions of Windows 7 and Windows Vista can fail partway
through large file copy (which also causes those servers
to become unresponsive to subsequent connection requests
as well) so the fix does address a hot problem.

--
Thanks,

Steve