SubjectRe: [RFC] AutoNUMA alpha6
On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 11:56:37AM -0700, Dan Smith wrote:
> I dunno about everyone else, but I think the thing I'd like to see most
> (other than more interesting benchmarks) is a broken out and documented
> set of patches instead of the monolithic commit you have now. I know you
> weren't probably planning to do that until numasched came along, but it
> sure would help me digest the differences in the two approaches.

Ok this is a start. I'll have to review it again tomorrow and add more
docs before I can do proper submit by email. If you're willing to
contribute you can review it already using "git format-patch 9ca11f1"
after fetching the repo. Comments welcome!

git clone --reference linux -b autonuma-dev-smt git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/andaa.git

The last patch in that branch is the last feature I worked on
yesterday and it fixes the SMT load with numa02.c modified to use only
1 thread per core, which means changing THREADS from 24 to 12 in the
numa02.c source at the top (and then building it again in the
-DHARD_BIND and -DHARD_BIND -DINVERSE_BIND versions to compare with
autonuma on and off). It also fixes building the kernel in a loop in
KVM with 12 vcpus (now the load spreads over the two nodes). echo 0
>/sys/kernel/mm/autonuma/scheduler/smt would disable the SMT
awareness.

  Last update: 2012-03-25 15:35    [W:0.096 / U:0.064 seconds]