SubjectRe: On patch "device.h: audit and cleanup users in main include dir"
On Mar 24 Paul Gortmaker wrote:
> [On patch "device.h: audit and cleanup users in main include dir"] On 24/03/2012 (Sat 21:21) Stefan Richter wrote:
[...]
> > struct fw_device and struct fw_unit, defined in include/firewire.h,
> > incorporate struct device.
>
> Hi Stefan,
>
> You are correct. I did read them all and check instances of device, so
> I'm not sure how I misread this file. Did you have a specific build
> that triggered a failure, or you just happened to spot it? I'm guessing
> that it gets device.h by another path and hence won't show up in build
> coverage.

I just saw the commit coming in; there is no build failure. (I should have
test-built before posting.) All files which include linux/firewire.h
evidently include linux/device.h before it.

> If so I'll definitely get it fixed, but I might wait a day or two to see
> if anything else pops up, if it isn't explicitly causing any breakage.

If you don't receive any issues with the rest of your tree-wide commit,
just do nothing and I will add a trivial firewire.h correction myself for
the next merge window.

> > Furthermore, the inline function definitions
> > fw_device,
> > fw_unit,
> > fw_unit_get,
> > fw_unit_put,
> > fw_parent_device
> > all require definitions from linux/device.h.

Correcting myself: Only the the latter three of these use linux/device.h.
--
Stefan Richter

  Last update: 2012-03-25 12:41    [W:0.043 / U:0.624 seconds]