SubjectRe: EFI Boot Stub Early Console
On 3/19/12 11:56 AM, Alan Cox wrote:
>>> any bootloader (including the bootstub) will call ExitBootServices()
>>> before any printk'ing actually happens?? Or am I misunderstanding the
>>> spec somehow? I suppose I could just try it and see what happens...
>> Oops. Good point, that isn't going to work.
> Surely it works fine if you are using bootstub directly from EFI ?

ConOut will work before the call to ExitBootServices(), but any
bootloader (including the boot stub) calls that before starting the
normal kernel boot process. I'm working on a generic earlyprintk that
provides the same functionality as the existing earlyprintks that will
work for any EFI boot. Matt already submitted a patch for an efi_printk
that will be sufficient for the boot stub itself before the call to
ExitBootServices().

~Shea

  Last update: 2012-03-19 17:05    [W:0.067 / U:1.792 seconds]