    SubjectRe: [patch v2 3/6] memcg: rework mem_cgroup_iter to use cgroup iterators
    On Thu 06-12-12 19:39:41, Ying Han wrote:
    [...]
    > Michal,
    >
    > I got some trouble while running this patch with my test. The test
    > creates hundreds of memcgs which each runs some workload to generate
    > global pressure. At the last, it removes all the memcgs by rmdir. Then
    > the cmd "ls /dev/cgroup/memory/" hangs afterwards.
    >
    > I studied a bit of the patch, but not spending too much time on it
    > yet. Looks like that the v2 has something different from your last
    > post, where you replaces the mem_cgroup_get() with css_get() on the
    > iter->last_visited. Didn't follow why we made that change, but after
    > restoring the behavior a bit seems passed my test.

    Hmm, strange. css reference counting should be stronger than mem_cgroup
    one because it pins css thus cgroup which in turn keeps memcg alive.

    > Here is the patch I applied on top of this one:

    [...]
    --
    Michal Hocko
    SUSE Labs

      Last update: 2012-12-07 10:41    [W:3.038 / U:0.264 seconds]